From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] ClusterSearcher and excerpt/highlighting
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:07:38 GMT
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> This should be solved with r1206768.
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1206768
>
> That symptom results from a mismatch between the fetched doc and the fetched
> highlighting data (called the "DocVector").  It was happening because the doc
> id for the fetched hit was not being adjusted by ClusterSearcher.

Excellent!  Thank you very much, that looks really great -
highlighting is now working as expected and the results look
compelling.

Minor point:  I've noticed when searching for [toddler swimming
lessons], the following are highlighted in their entirety:

  toddler to do swimming lessons
  toddlers to swimming lessons

as well as a slew of *correct* highlighting all over the show - which
is -great-.
It looks like the highlighting algo is ignoring stopwords (in effect
highlighting them as well) - frankly, I don't give a toss about it.
The results look amazing and I'm happy.

All hail the CreamyGoodness!

--
Regards,