From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Concurrent searching
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:19:34 GMT
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM, goran kent <gorankent@gmail.com> wrote:
> /then, stomps off for coffee and ginko biloba

Ginko biloba has kicked in and cause of grief is the password.  It's
mangled on receipt.

More accurately, the remote servers are still using the older
pre-ClusterSearcher code, which expects a cleartext pw.  New version
expects the pw in a serialised packet, and possibly other important
stuff as well...

Have now upgraded to latest trunk on the remote machines, and here's
the latest (testing with a single shard):

The server now emits my usual debug lines (from the serve loop):
DEBUG: method:[handshake]
DEBUG: method:[doc_max]
DEBUG: method:[doc_freq]    x31
...(no other methods reached)...

Then fails with:
 at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/LucyX/Remote/SearchServer.pm
line 104
	LucyX::Remote::SearchServer::serve('LucyX::Remote::SearchServer=SCALAR(0xb8d5190)')
called at ./lucy_remote_search_server line 212

The client fails with:
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/LucyX/Remote/ClusterSearcher.pm
line 158.

I'll keep sniffing around, but let me know if you need any other
details or tests.

cheers