From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Index state during merges
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 12:02:12 GMT
On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:03:40PM +0200, goran kent wrote:
> I just had a look at the logs after going ahead and making some
> changes to see how things would fair:  some of my large index (in
> place - ie, no move to temp, blah blah) merge sessions are croaking
> with:
>
> Lucy::Index::Indexer->new failed (Failed to read seg_2
> S_try_open_elements at
> /home/projects/lucy/lucy/perl/../core/Lucy/Index/PolyReader.c line 251
>
> If I inspect the index it looks like the seg_2 folder is empty.
>
> /.../snapshot_2.json contains
> {
>   "entries": [
>     "schema_2.json",
>     "seg_1",
>     "seg_2"
>   ],
>   "format": "2",
>   "subformat": "1"
> }
>
> and there's a schema_2.json file.  Also, the locks/write.lock is
> present indicating things ended badly.

Is this index on a shared volume?

    http://incubator.apache.org/lucy/docs/perl/Lucy/Index/Indexer.html

    If an index is located on a shared volume, each writer application must
    identify itself by supplying an IndexManager with a unique host id to
    Indexer's constructor or index corruption will occur. See
    Lucy::Docs::FileLocking for a detailed discussion.

Marvin Humphrey