From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] field:term searching
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:58:52 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
> without seeing your code, it's hard to say. but have you set_heed_colons() ?
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~creamyg/Lucy-0.2.1/lib/Lucy/Search/QueryParser.pod#set_heed_colons%28heed_colons%29

[resending to list after my reply-to-peter-only]

Thanks for the quick response, Peter.  Your suggestion sounds like the
solution, but I have no idea how to access that little nugget.  I'm
using PolySearcher:

my $poly_searcher = Lucy::Search::PolySearcher->new(
   schema    => $schema,
   searchers => \@searcher,
);

my $sort_spec =
 Lucy::Search::SortSpec->new( rules =>
     [ Lucy::Search::SortRule->new( field => ...

my $hits = $poly_searcher->hits(
   query      => $query,     # $query is the query string itself
   sort_spec  => $sort_spec,
   offset     => 0,
   num_wanted => 10,
);

How on earth do I get to QueryParser's methods from here?

Any pointers would be appreciated.