From goran kent <gorank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Lucy questions wrt production, ranking, etc
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:09:07 GMT
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Peter Karman <peter@peknet.com> wrote:
>> Spelling suggestions
>> --------------------
>> I may have missed this one in the docs:  does Lucy support suggested
>> spelling (a-la Google).  One could always use a dictionary, but it
>> would be nice if Lucy built up a dictionary based on the terms
>> encountered during indexing.
>
> As Marvin notes, Lucy does not have this built in. You could use
> Search::Tools::Spellcheck (also on CPAN) to do this though, and it would be
> pretty straightforward to build a Aspell dictionary based on a Lucy lexicon, I
> imagine.

Search::Tools::Spellcheck - thanks, I'll look into that one and see
whether it's use doesn't impose a search-time performance penalty.

Searching itself should be the slowest - this is expected.  All
support functionality (excerpt, highlighting, spelling, etc) must not
even raise a hair above the response-time event-horizon, so to speak
:)

Thanks for your feedback!

regards