From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Collapsing search results based on a field
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:56:03 GMT
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 03:00:21PM +0200, goran kent wrote:
> Any support for collapsing duplicate documents based on a field?

I wrote a DedupingSearcher class for KinoSearch a while ago that did exactly
this, and I'd be happy to contribute it to the ASF.  It will take some
modernizing to get it compatible with Lucy, though.

> Such a thing possible?

The algorithm is to rerun the search if there is not sufficient diversity in
the search results, adding exclusions to the query each time to suppress the
unwanted hits.

Marvin Humphrey