From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Lucy questions wrt production, ranking, etc
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 00:03:14 GMT
On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 08:47:20AM +0200, goran kent wrote:
> Just to clarify - is obtaining excerpts from a distributed search a
> problem?  One would think irrespective of whether you're performing a
> local or distributed search the modus operandi would be the same
> (without coding gymnastics required to glue things together to work as
> expected).

Not a problem.

The Highlighter API requires a Lucy::Search::Searcher.

    my $highlighter = Lucy::Highlight::Highlighter->new(
        searcher => $searcher,   # must be a Lucy::Search::Searcher
        query    => $query,
        field    => 'content',
    );

Lucy::Search::IndexSearcher and Lucy::Search::PolySearcher are both Searcher
subclasses, as is LucyX::Remote::SearchClient for that matter.  Any of them
will work.

Marvin Humphrey