From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.1 released
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:16:17 GMT
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 07:57:37PM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> This time I tried to build it with gcc that comes with ActivePerl, but it gave the following
errors on perl Build step:
> (I use Win XP Pro, ActivePerl 5.10.1)

> E:\apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.1\apache-lucy-incubating-0.2.1\core\Lucy\Store\FSFileHandle.c:154:
error: invalid operands to binary &

This error is nearly identical to
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-167>.  That time, it was
FSDirHandle.c; this time, it is FSFileHandle.c.

The problem is that among the zillion symbols exported by windows.h are INCREF
and DECREF, which conflict with Lucy's versions of same.

Implicit symbol imports suck.  :(

The solution is going to be the same as the one applied in FSDirHandle: swap
out INCREF and DECREF for LUCY_INCREF and LUCY_DECREF.  I'll open an issue.

Marvin Humphrey