From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-user] Apache Lucy
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:02:10 GMT
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 08:12:26AM -0700, Ravi Reddy wrote:
> I am looking for a full text search engine in 'C' for an iPhone
> application. From the documentation it is not clear if it is possible
> to use Lucy in native 'C' language projects. Any clarification or
> pointers are appreciated.

There is not a public C API yet.  Lucy is presently only usable via its Perl
bindings.

Nevertheless, we have been making good progress towards making Lucy available
from other languages -- for instance, closing
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-133> last week.  If you would like
to help speed us along, send email to the Lucy dev list, as there are tasks
ranging from porting test cases (comparatively easy) to writing binding code
(hard) we can set you up with.

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey