From Logan Bell <loganb...@gmail.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] AUTHOR_MODE and Podchecker
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:16:34 GMT
Hello Everyone,

It looks like Lucy 0.3.0 is still failing on various platforms on cpan due
to pod checker. In fact I just became re-aware of this because I'm in the
middle of a work hackathon - we're bolting on Lucy for a project we're
working on.

I did go and fix the pod checker issues, however, it might be good to just
disable pod checker unless the tests are being run by an author. Below is
an example of what I mean in 801-pod_checker.t.

BEGIN {
   *plan skip_all => "Author mode not enabled SKIPPING"*
       unless $ENV{AUTHOR_MODE};
   if ( $] < 5.010 ) {
       plan( 'skip_all', "Old Pod::Checker is buggy" );
   }
   else {
       plan('no_plan');
   }
}

Would anyone have any objection with this? It seems fairly reasonable since
it feels a bit heavy handed to run this check on every install. Also, how
difficult would it be to get out a new release up to CPAN I'd be willing to
volunteer to do this if I knew the correct process.

Cheers,
Logan