From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] CFC's Model-View-Presenter architecture
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:52:29 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Nathan Kurz <nate@verse.com> wrote:
> Is the hope that people well acquainted with MVC will be able to grasp
> things better?

That is one rationale, but another more important rationale is to group
together some files which are strongly related to each other (all the Model
classes), and to differentiate those files from other conceptually unrelated
files which currently live next door: Parser, Util, Base, etc.

> Like Nick, I feel that "Binding" is clearer than "View".

OK, that's fine with me.  I feel more strongly about establishing the "Model"
grouping than I do about bikeshedding the existing "Binding" grouping.

> And if anything, I'd be happier shortening to Clownfish::Foo rather than
> going to Clownfish::CFC::Foo::Bar.

Besides keeping the Clownfish top level namespace clear (for reasons
enumerated in another thread at <http://s.apache.org/Fdx>), I think that it's
important for source code directory structures to be self-documenting.
Putting everything in one bucket starts to cause scaling problems once a
project reaches a certain size.  Hierarchical classification systems aren't
perfect (tagging systems are better in some ways), but they're still pretty
good.

Marvin Humphrey