From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] New branch LUCY-215-cf-extensions
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:31:05 GMT
On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Nick Wellnhofer <wellnhofer@aevum.de> wrote:
> OK, since we now also have support for multiple source directories, I
> suggest the following:
>
> 1. If a file path or class name appears twice within any of the source
> directories, then die with a meaningful error.
>
> 2. If a file path or class name appears twice within any of the include
> directories, then die a meaningful error.
>
> 3. If a file path or class name appears once in a source directory and also
> in an include directory, then use the version from the source directory and
> continue with a meaningful warning.

+1, sounds good!

> I use git-svn and my usual workflow is to simply rebase a branch on top of
> trunk with git locally, and then replay all the commits one by one. This is
> pretty easy to do and avoids the hassle of svn merges.

+1, that works.

Things have gotten a little messy because I just uploaded a 5-patch sequence
eliminating the autogeneration of Autobinding.pm to LUCY-215.  If I commit
those to your branch and then you replay them later, we wind up associating
the wrong committer with the commits.  Not the end of the world, but definitly
not desirable.

Marvin Humphrey