From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Rethinking header file installation
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:02:56 GMT
On 12/03/2012 00:41, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Personally, I believe that these are all positive developments for the
> project, so +1 to install the .cfh files instead of the autogenerated .h
> files.

OK, so I would propose to install them in:

     catdir ( $ARCH_DIR, 'Clownfish', '_cfh' );

Then Clownfish has to be extended to read files from multiple source
directories. I'd propose to add an array of include directories to the
arguments of CFCHierarchy_init and use them to build the hierarchy.

Parts of the code in Lucy::Build can then be reused to build the
extension. This code could be factored out into a module like
Clowfish::Build that is installed together with Clownfish.

I'll probably hit some other road blocks, but this all should help in
the process of making Clownfish a standalone project.

Nick