From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Timing for updating version numbers
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:15:45 GMT
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 10:33:08AM -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I always have constant versions in all my modules, and increment them all to
> the next version immediately after a release.

We've been updating version numbers just prior to release, but updating just
after seems better.  The only consequence for us is that our checkouts would
claim to be the next release rather than an earlier one: trunk right now would
claim to be 0.4.0 (rather than 0.3.0), and the 0.3 branch would claim to be
0.3.1.

If nobody objects, I'll claim lazy consensus and make the necessary mods to
devel/bin/release_commands.pl.

Marvin Humphrey