From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Header file installation
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:29:47 GMT
On 24/02/2012 21:54, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> We can provide similar functionality from Lucy.pm.  Here's how a build script
> for a distro which extends Lucy might use it:
>
>    eval "use Lucy;";
>    if ($@) {
>      warn "Can't load Lucy;
>      exit(0);
>    }
>    my $include_dirs = Lucy->include_dirs;
>    my $inc = "";
>    $inc .= "-I$_ " for @$include_dirs;
>
> At first, I imagine include_dirs() returning only a single directory.
> However, in the future we may break out Clownfish, and perhaps include_dirs()
> should return the include paths for recursive dependencies:
>
>    package Lucy;
>    use Clownfish;
>
>    sub include_dirs {
>      my $dirs = Clownfish->include_dirs;
>      push @$dirs, _lucy_include_dir();
>      return $dirs;
>    }

+1

> For the actual header tree, how about a dedicated directory at the following
> location?
>
>      catdir( $ARCH_DIR, 'auto', 'Lucy', '_include' );

Here are some other modules that I found that install header files:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/pdl/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libglib-perl/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/perl-tk/filelist

They don't put the .h files below 'auto' which makes sense, because
afaics 'auto' should only contain files used by AutoLoader.

I like the idea of an '_include' directory, so I would propose:

	catdir( $ARCH_DIR, 'Lucy', '_include' );

Nick