From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Promoting new analysis components
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:50:54 GMT
On 09/02/2012 02:49, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> After reviewing the Lucy::Simple code, I realized that we can avoid breaking
> compat with only a few extra lines.
>
>    * If the index exists during new(), extract the schema and type from what's
>      on disk.
>    * Otherwise, create a new EasyAnalyzer for the type.
>
> That way, we avoid a schema conflict crash when indexes built by Lucy::Simple
> prior to 0.4.0 are read by 0.4.0 or above.

I tried to implement this and ran into two little problems:

1. If the index doesn't exist and a schema isn't supplied, a "no schema"
exception is thrown, but the write lock isn't released.

2. I didn't find a way to get the schema of an indexer from Perl.

See the attached patch for my attempt to fix this.

Nick