From Nick Wellnhofer <wellnho...@aevum.de>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:40:34 GMT
On 07/02/2012 21:16, Peter Karman wrote:
> Thanks for the nods of support, Chris and Marvin.
>
> My kids do sleep, eventually, so I would be willing to be the VP for year one,
> on the condition that we put into our charter that we vote every year for a VP.
> And I'll vote for someone else after year one. IMO this job should be passed
> around liberally, like a department chair position in academia, so that everyone
> gets a chance to learn the ropes. Just like the RM position.
>
> That said, I would be overjoyed to support Logan or Nick if they want to step
> forward for this first year.

I would have stepped up if neither you nor Marvin wanted to take the VP
role, but I think you're more involved in the community and you've
already done a great job as RM. I can offer to be RM for one of the next
releases to gain a little more experience, though.

Also, +1 for rotating the VP position every year.

Nick