From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:05:06 GMT
Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote on 2/7/12 9:05 AM:

> Before VOTE'ing it might be nice to do the following:

Thanks, Chris.

The steps and chronology you've suggested make sense to me. They seem slightly
different, though, than what is here:

 http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

That page seems to suggest these steps in this order:

 * community graduation VOTE
 * create charter/resolution
 * IPMC VOTE

I want to do things the Apache Way; I'm just confused as to what that Way is,
when it comes to this graduation process. I see the words 'resolution',
'charter' and 'proposal' all at the URL above. 'Resolution' and 'charter' seem
to refer to the same thing. The community VOTE (step 1) refers to a 'proposal'
which I assumed meant 'I propose we graduate' -- but maybe 'proposal' refers to
something else?

Can you clarify?