From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 00:12:37 GMT
On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 07:28:03PM +0100, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 16:05, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>>         RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>>         hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>>         Apache Lucy Project:
>>
>> 	• Logan Bell<logie@apache.org>
>> 	• Chris Hostetter<hossman@apache.org>
>> 	• Marvin Humphrey<marvin@apache.org>
>> 	• Peter Karman<karpet@apache.org>
>> 	• Nathan Kurz<nate@apache.org>
>> 	• Mike McCandless<mikemccand@apache.org>
>> 	• Joe Schaefer<joes@apache.org>
>> 	• Upayavira<upayavira@apache.org>
>> 	• David E. Wheeler<theory@apache.org>
>> 	• Nick Wellnhofer<nwellnhof@apache.org>
>> 	• Simon Willnauer<simonw@apache.org>
>> 	• Brad C. Harder<bch@apache.org>
>
> It might be a good idea to get a confirmation from all these people if
> they really want to be on the PMC. I certainly do.

Personally, I'm content to start with all of them but defer to their wishes if
they choose to opt out (as Hoss and Mattmann have).  PMC members can always
resign later or choose to go "emeritus" if they like.

In general, the one situation I fear is having to deal with PMC members who
are disruptive -- vetoes can drain an awful lot of morale and time from a
community -- but I'm not worried about any of the proposed PMC candidates
blocking progress like that.

Marvin Humphrey