From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Graduation checklist
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:07:45 GMT
On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 06:43:06AM -0800, Logan Bell wrote:
> Sign me up for helping with the charter.

The charter that Mattmann has presented looks pretty good to me already, but I
think it would be educational for us to go through the mechanics of drawing it
up, even if we wind up with exactly what he supplied in the end.

I also think we can do this within the aggressive time frame that Peter has
set for us.  I would be surprised if the process is contentious; in the
unlikely event that someone finds something they don't like after the PPMC
VOTE on graduation has closed, there will still be at least a 72 hour window
for them to object while the IPMC vote is running.

The guide to preparing a charter is here:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

The template for graduating from the Incubator to a TLP can be found here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt

I suggest copying that template verbatim into a wiki page, then modifying the
most straightforward bits: ${PROJECT} and PMC membership.

What will be left is:

   * ${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE}
   * VP name

The amount of text that each project actually changes from the charter
template is very small.  We aren't lawyers. :)

Marvin Humphrey