From Nathan Kurz <n...@verse.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Ruby CFBind glue code
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 18:17:01 GMT
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> In Lucy's Perl bindings, these routines live in trunk/perl/xs/XSBind.*.
> Eventually, this content should move under clownfish/, but for now, I think it
> makes sense for the Ruby files to live at trunk/ruby/src/CFBind.*.

What's the rationale on waiting to move these to be under Clownfish?
It will certainly work for Logan, but my instinct is that it will be
easier to get other Ruby programmers involved if they can treat the CF
bindings as a given, rather than something they have to wrestle with.
I'd suggest moving them now, and then moving the Perl bindings over as
soon as the model is established.  Right now Clownfish is a
significant hurdle to new programmers, and compartmentalizing might
help overcome this.

--nate