From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] 0.3.0 release prep
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 03:38:03 GMT
I am starting the prep for the 0.3.0 release. The first step is to confirm that
the RAT report passes:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html

It looks like a bunch of files are missing the Apache License, many of them the
start of the C implementation, but also a bunch of .gitignore files. I can add
the license header to the c/ files. Does it make sense to have the .gitignore
files include a license? Can we tell RAT to ignore the ignore files?

For the c/ files, since that is just the stub of the tip of the beginning of a
start for that code, do we even want it in the release? Could/should files be
removed from a branch if they do not represent 'finished' product? I realize
this last is a philosophical as well as practical question.