From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.3.0 RC 1
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:49:00 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 03:06:02PM -0800, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 09:35:10PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> > For suggestions as to how to evaluate Apache Lucy release candidates, and for
> > information on ASF voting procedures, see:
> >
> >     http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification
>
> -1
>
> There is a problem in the LICENSE file which I believe we need to correct.
> IMO, we should fix that, make a couple updates to CHANGES and reroll.

I'm changing my VOTE to a +1.

When I went to go fix LICENSE, I found the following blurb nestled in between
the utf8proc MIT license and the Unicode data license:

    This software distribution contains derived data from a modified version of
    the Unicode data files. The following license applies to that data:

I did not see this blurb the first time through because unlike the others, this
one was indented four spaces to the same level of the licenses:

    FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
    DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

    This software distribution contains derived data from a modified version of
    the Unicode data files. The following license applies to that data:

    COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE

A format glitch that does not change the meaning of the LICENSE file is not a
blocker, so that's good enough for me.

Marvin Humphrey