From Chris Hostetter <hossman_l...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] RFC: Grant all ASF Committers Lucy SVN karma
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 20:03:07 GMT

: I'd like to propose that the Lucy podling consider nuking our Subversion authz
: entry, allowing anyone who is a Committer at the ASF to commit to the Lucy
: corner of the ASF repository.
: Of course we would still have a soft rule in place that significant changes
: must be run through lucy-dev first, but we would trust other committers to
: follow this rule rather than enforce it through access control as we do today.

My suggestion would be that since this isn't something many apache
projects do (yet) this "soft rule" should probably be written down in the
form of loose guidelines somewhere ... wiki, wwwsite, COMMITTERS.txt,
whatever.

-Hoss