From "David E. Wheeler" <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Module::Build sneakily configuring configure_requires
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 18:38:41 GMT
On Nov 7, 2011, at 9:52 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> trunk and 0.2
>
> Done and uploaded to PAUSE. Should appear on a CPAN mirror near you shortly.

A few notes on the release:

• `./Build disttest` does not work. Seems that the dist target has been overridden to pre-compile
stuff. Ideally, that work should be moved to another Build target and made a dependency of
both the `dist` and `disttest` targets.

• Once I uploaded to PAUSE, I found that I did not have co-maint of Lucy::Test::TestCharmonizer.
The release manager needs to have permission to release *all* classes in the distribution,
or else the whole distribution will be marked as unofficial. Furthermore, if there are new
classes in a release, the releaser will get ownership of those new modules. These will need
to be transferred to all other release managers via PAUSE.

Marvin gave me permission to Lucy::Test::TestCharmonizer after upload, so CPAN should re-index
it and make it an official release in the next day or so. So I think we're good for this release.
But I recommend that `./Build disttest` be fixed, and that the number of class changes between
releases be kept to a minimum. Private package namespaces can be hidden from the indexer by
declaring them on two lines. The DBI does this, for example, in DBI.pm:

    {   package	# hide from PAUSE
            DBD::Switch::dr;
	# ...
    }