From Nathan Kurz <n...@verse.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [DISCUSS] Graduation (was Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved)
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 01:39:10 GMT
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucy@fucit.org> wrote:
> Mattman is like Lucy's mom: "Now that you've finished high school, you
> should think about getting a part time job, so you can move into your own
> apartment while you go to college at night, so you can save up money to
> start a family when you meet a nice guy to settle down with."

I love your analogy, but it conveniently forgets the five years that
Lucy dropped out of school, ran away from home,  lived under an
assumed name, and pretended to be a consenting adult.  Lucy is glad to
be back in a warm, loving home instead of  busking on the streets and
shacking up with long-haired men of dubious musical talent
(http://www.rectangular.com/about.html), but she views her time back
as just as much for her parents' benefit as for hers.  If they want to
persist in their squabbling, and if they really want to rent her
bedroom to some stranger for some pittance of a rent, she reminds them
that she's perfectly able to take care of herself and that Creamy G
promised he'd always be "froopy" for her.

Is he the kind of "nice guy" you were picturing?  Do you really want
to drive her back to that?    :)

--nate