From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] language bindings
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 02:45:08 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 11/29/11 7:16 PM:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 07:08:47PM -0700, Norman Barker wrote:

[snip]

>> Ideally I would like to code in c/c++ in the core and then add a very
>> simple interface for adding documents to index and a search interface
>> to query but this seems to be against example-lang.
>>
>> Any guidelines appreciated.
>
> I think the best way to achieve your goals is to team up with Peter Karman in
> his drive to make Lucy available as a standalone C library.

Hi Norman,

I've just started on the C implementation. My next task is to start porting the
Perl unit tests to C as a concrete way of thinking about how the C user API is
going to work. I would welcome your input and help on this front.

Right now the c/ dir in trunk just has a basic autoconf setup in place, mostly
as proof-of-concept (i.e. I'm not married to how it's implemented so far).

Let me know if you'd like to pitch in in this area. I am often on irc at
freenode in #lucy_dev (nick: karpet) if you find real-time chat more helpful.
Otherwise, this list is the best place to start asking questions.

cheers,
pek