From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [DISCUSS] Graduation (was Re: [lucy-dev] All dependency licensing issues resolved)
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:38:44 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:28 PM, "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@vafer.org> wrote:

>>> That's all and great but this falls down as soon as Marvin (for
>>> whatever reason) would be gone.
>>
>> I wholly disagree with you.
>
> Right. So then there would be just no one committing?
> Please explain how that should work from your POV.

Committing isn't the only contribution.

>>> Frankly - I don't understand the rush.
>>
>> What rush? I raised this issue months ago, and we actually had some discussions
>> about it. Most folks in the community agreed that the remaining item to check off
>> was the licensing issues.
>
> Unfortunately in terms of diversity not that much seems to have changed since.
>
>> http://s.apache.org/a08
>
> ...even with the new committer on board.

Says you. You were trolling then and you are again.

>> Months is not a rush.
>
> You are pushing for it - and I don't get why.

You probably don't.

Every mentor should be asking the question periodically if their podlings are ready to graduate.

>> Go read the Lucy reports: the project has been in Incubation
>> since July 2010: so it's been about 1 year, 3 months. Every project has a different
>> amount of time in Incubation
>
> Exactly. So let's give it the time it needs. What's so bad if it takes 3 years?

That's not a sustainable model for the incubator.

> Just bringing this up every other month does not bring it any closer
> to a successful graduation.

Try 3 months.

>> and every project has a checklist of things to get done
>> before graduating. I think we've met that checklist.
>
> Quoting from the incubator guide at
> Snip...
> That's just not the case yet.

Says you with absolutely 0 merit in this community besides lurking.

Sorry but we can agree to disagree and leave it at that.