From Moritz Lenz <mor...@faui2k3.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy (incubating) 0.2.2 RC 1 (cleanup)
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 18:26:15 GMT
FWIW all tests pass on Debian GNU/Linux stable with a custom perl
5.14.1, same with the system perl (5.10.1).

However I had to wipe out the directory between the two tests, because
the build and configuration left some files behind which ./Build clean
in the perl/ subdirectory did not clean, and which caused some @INC
paths to be set up wrongly.

Here  is the list of files that remain after a

$ cd perl/
$ perl Build.PL
$ ./Build test
$ ./Build clean

list of files:

#       clownfish/Build
#       clownfish/MYMETA.json
#       clownfish/MYMETA.yml
#       clownfish/_build/
#       perl/Build
#       perl/MYMETA.json
#       perl/MYMETA.yml
#       perl/_build/

In particular the clownfish/Build script contains a path to the perl
binary that was used to run Build.PL in the perl/ directory, but when
running the perl/Build.PL with a different perl binary again, the
clownfish/Build file is not regenerated.

So this is a relative obscure case, and I don't think it should hold off
the release, but it would be nice if './Build clean' was a bit more
thorough -- at least the {perl,clownfish/_build/ directories should be
cleaned, IMHO. The MYMETA files are harmless.

Cheers,
Moritz