From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] C bindings?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:37:14 GMT
Albin Stigö wrote on 10/22/11 8:42 AM:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 02:57:18PM +0200, Albin Stigö wrote:
>>> Ok so now I know whats involved... me to a bit put off by the build system :-)
>>
>> Heh.  We're working on it.  :)
>
> Build systems in general make life difficult :) There are already to
> many of them... :)

The build system itself (charmonizer) is one thing, and it is all C. Clownfish I
don't consider part of the build system per se; I think of it as a code
generator. But that could be too subtle a parsing of the phrase 'build system'.

> Only for my purposes that is... I definitely agree - C is common
> ground, and I don't there is a pure C full text search library. Well
> maybe sqlite fts3 but it's not only search.

there are (e.g. hyperestraier) but not many, and none with the mindshare of
something like Lucene (and over time, Lucy).