From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] C bindings?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 11:48:40 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:32:11AM +0200, Albin Stigö wrote:
> I just discovered Lucy during my quest for full text search on iOS.

:)

> As an experiment, I'm interested in writing bindings to objective c,
> is anyone working on this already?

Indirectly.

Some potential binding contributors have been put off because a crucial
component they would need to modify, the Clownfish compiler, was written in
Perl.  Development efforts right now are focused on porting it to C.

This thread should provide some background and give you an idea about what's
involved:

    http://markmail.org/message/jfa2jheygf6a6qvt

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey