From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Time for 0.2.2
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:08:39 GMT
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:53:12PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> I'm happy to RM this one if no one objects.

+1

> Any other outstanding commits or bugs we want to get in before we cut a
> candidate? LUCY-180 is resolved.

None from me.  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-184> was just
opened yesterday, but IMO it's a design issue, not a bug.

To address our collective responsibilites in helping the RM prepare for the
release as spelled out on <http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleasePrep>, here's
the community checklist:

  * RAT -- The 0.2.x branch does not get tested by buildbot, but no files have
    been added since 0.2.0.

  * Issue tracker clean -- There are no unresolved issues assigned to 0.2.2.

  * Copyright dates -- We're still in 2011.

  * CHANGES file -- The CHANGES file has been updated (it still needs a
    release date, but that's for the RM).

  * Review LICENSE and NOTICE -- Nothing that has gone in to the 0.2 branch
    since 0.2.1 necessitates a change.

  * Portability -- I had to fix a cast for MSVC, but now branches/0.2 builds
    and passes tests under OS X, ActivePerl, Strawberry Perl and Cygwin.

  * Extended tests -- The test_valgrind target passes.

Marvin Humphrey