From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Re: which fields contained which terms
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 03:25:59 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 8/30/11 4:59 PM:

> To support highlighting, at index-time we create an inverted representation
> for each field that has been marked as "highlightable", then serialize all the
> inverted fields together in one blob (called, for no particularly good reason,
> a "DocVector").  Effectively this is a miniature inverted-index containing a
> single document.  The class which does the work is
> Lucy::Index::HighlightWriter, and the relevant segment files are named
> seg_NNN/highlight.ix and seg_NNN/highlight.dat.

I finally found time to try this, but I must be doing something wrong, because
despite setting all my fields to 'highlightable', no seg_NNN/highlight.* files
are getting created.

here's a snip from schema_1.json:

   "fields" : {
      "author" : {
         "analyzer" : "1",
         "highlightable" : "1",
         "sortable" : "1",
         "type" : "fulltext"
      },
      "dates" : {
         "analyzer" : "1",
         "highlightable" : "1",
         "sortable" : "1",
         "type" : "fulltext"
      },
      "orgs" : {
         "analyzer" : "1",
         "highlightable" : "1",
         "sortable" : "1",
         "type" : "fulltext"
      },

and here's what my index dir looks like:

index.swish3]$ tree
.
|-- locks
|-- schema_1.json