From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] help with basic index script - how to index a document ?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 02:15:38 GMT
Klaus Gruen wrote on 9/8/11 2:11 PM:
> Hi all !! Appreciate help here, I installed Kinosearch1 (using activestate 5.12 PPM,
Lucy is not available...), and this code
> below doesnt seem to index my file.  Also, if I wanted to only index
> certain fields, how is this done ?  What is wrong with the below code
> taken from the kino webpages. Notice I commented 'boost' out since
> activestate 5.12 reports a syntax error back when running it.  Last, I just want a simple
Perl API for an indexer,
> should I be using something else or Lucy ?  Confused on that as well.

Hi Klaus,

If you want something simple with a Perl API, I'd suggest looking at Swish-e:
http://swish-e.org/

It supports Windows, has a Perl API for searching, and should require a lot less
code-writing if all you want to do is start indexing and searching.

Lucy is a library primarily for application developers; it's not intended as a
turn-key solution.

KinoSearch1 (which you got from ActiveState) is no longer actively developed.