From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] TRIAL CPAN releases
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 00:14:44 GMT
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 09:18:50AM -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : If we are comfortable with distributing RC materials outside of Apache
> : channels, then yes.  I'm not clear on that.  Have other ASF projects done
> : something similar?  If nobody knows, perhaps we might ask on general@incubator?
>
> I agree that asking on general@incubator would be a good idea to get more
> perspective.

The server which serves the results pages for CPAN Testers went down today.

    http://markmail.org/message/wxgczkf63x7dji55

    The CPAN Testers Metabase server (which *collects* reports) is still
    working as usual and collecting reports, so submissions will not be lost,
    but with the main server wedged, there will be a delay before they are
    "visible" to the community.

I've been working up a draft destined for general@incubator, but I'm going to
hold off on sending until <http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/L/Lucy.html> is
back up so that incubator peeps who aren't familiar with CPAN testers will be
able to see for themselves what a great resource it is.

Marvin Humphrey