From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] ReleaseGuide wiki page vs. release_commands.pl
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:05:07 GMT
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 02:38:58PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> > If no one objects, I think we should pare down the wiki page so that it
> > basically provides a few links and maybe some high level explanatory
> > documentation, but defers to release_commands.pl for the step-by-step sequence
> > of actions necessary to prepare a release.
> >

> no objection from me.

Done.

I've also added a couple of tasks that had been missing from ReleaseGuide (e.g.
telling JIRA about the release) and made some minor improvements to the
command generation.

I'm pretty happy with the release process now, having done two releases in
rapid succession.  Having release_commands.pl autogenerate the commands made
things easy.  I feel as though a committer who is less familiar with Apache
institutions than Chris Mattmann or myself could now step in and have things
go reasonably smoothly, at least once they get their PGP code-signing key
figured out.

I think the only important task which has not yet been integrated is the
publication of the exported HTML documentation on the Lucy website.

Marvin Humphrey