From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] ReleaseGuide wiki page vs. release_commands.pl
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:43:55 GMT
Greets,

We have a DRY issue where information is duplicated across these two
resources:

  http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/devel/bin/release_commands.pl

In my opinion, the helper script is more valuable than the wiki page, because
instead of providing sample text which must be edited manually, it prepares
commands for the RM to cut and paste -- reducing RM effort and the potential
for human error.

If no one objects, I think we should pare down the wiki page so that it
basically provides a few links and maybe some high level explanatory
documentation, but defers to release_commands.pl for the step-by-step sequence
of actions necessary to prepare a release.

Marvin Humphrey