From webmast...@ctosonline.org
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] building withOUT perl
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:19:24 GMT

On Jul 4, 2011, at 1:33 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I have looked at "example-lang" but implementing the "Object" seems to
> require quite some low-level foo for every language impl.
> Is that even feasible in every language?

It’s certainly feasible in Objective-C. ObjC has a set of functions for accessing the low-level
stuff, introspection, etc. CamelBones uses it, for instance. See <http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ObjCRuntimeRef/Reference/reference.html%23//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001418>.