From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] 0.1.0 release prep
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 23:13:08 GMT
Sure, but it is counter to the goals of an Apache project to allow
*anything* to block progress other than a technical veto.  It is
"bad form" for anyone to take a lock on RMing the codebase, just
as it is "bad policy" to instill code freezes on trunk.  Find another
way.

I'm yelling at Chris today, but tomorrow I may be yelling at Marvin
for being too much of a coordination hub for this project.  We need
to start documenting the common goals that we all can agree on, but
at the same time ensure that every committer has equal say in the
control and direction of the project.   Kinda hard to do that right
now as so much of this codebase was authored by Marvin, but over
time if enough of us scribble on it we can all share the same goals.