From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] "one down"
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 15:59:04 GMT
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 06:16:33AM -0000, joes@apache.org wrote:
> Log:
> one down

> -  * Tests for charmonizer need to become independent executables.

Nice work, Joe!

The new design is conceptually much more sensible in comparison to the
previous scheme of compiling Charmonizer's tests into the main Lucy XS shared
object and invoking them via an XS handle buried in
trunk/perl/lib/Lucy/Test.pm.

I'd also like to mark "one down" regarding Lucy's incubation progress.

Both Peter and Joe have now done significant hacking on the the Charmonizer
code base, and Nate helped with the high level design of Charmonizer,
including the QUOTE macro and the file layout.  There are still files that
only I have touched and there is still knowledge to be dispersed regarding the
materials in charmonizer/src/Charmonizer/Core, but I think it's fair to say
that with regards to maintaining and improving Lucy's Charmonizer layer, there
is no longer any one committer who is indispensible.

Marvin Humphrey