From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] STATUS file / TODO list
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 04:20:39 GMT
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 05:24:14PM -0700, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > I should probably go open JIRA issues for those that don't  have them to
> > explain at greater length and to track progress.
> >
> > If this  sounds like a good plan to people, I can go build an initial STATUS
> > file for  Lucy using the HTTPD example as a template.
>
> +1 obviously.

I've opened an issue and uploaded a provisional STATUS file:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-150

In addition, I opened a bunch of new issues today explaining TODO tasks.
Here's the list from the STATUS file:

  * Port the Clownfish compiler to C.
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-142>

  * Replace dependency on Parse::RecDescent within Clownfish::Parser with
    the Lemon parser generator.
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-143>
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-134>

  * Replace dependency on JSON::XS with ???
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-133>

  * Refactor away C89 idioms, since we have chosen the intersection of C99
    and C++ as our C dialect.
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-144>

  * Port most test files within trunk/perl/t/ to C.
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-149>

I'm not planning to commit STATUS right away since trunk is sort of in code
freeze until 0.1.0 gets cut.

Marvin Humphrey