From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] another mentor?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 20:37:00 GMT
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 01:01:55PM -0700, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I am joes, ASF sysadmin and HTTPD/Incubator PMC member.
>
> I'm interested in working on this project as time permits.
> The codebase and my skillset with XS, Perl, and C match up
> well, so I'd like to offer to serve as another mentor on
> this project.
>
> WDYT?

Fantastic.  :)

For those who don't know Joe, he's an ASF veteran who has participated in and
mentored many successful projects, and he's one of two full-time sysadmins.
I've been seeing a lot of Joe's code recently as he's the primary author of
the new CMS system.  I've also read a lot of his emails while trawling through
the archives of the Incubator, mod_perl, and Apache legal-discuss lists.

With Joe and Upayavira, I'm pleased that we will have two members of the ASF
infrastructure team represented here.  I hope that the Lucy community always
stays well-connected to the people who develop and maintain the services that
we all count on.

Welcome!

Marvin Humphrey