From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] 0.1.0 release prep
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 21:23:41 GMT
Greets,

In my assessment, the Lucy source tree is now ready for a Release Manager to
begin the release process described at
<http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide>, working towards a provisional
release date of May 12, 2011 -- one week from today.

Here is my review of the release preparation tasks listed at
<http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleasePrep>, which are the collective
responsibility of the Lucy community rather than the RM:

  [x] RAT passes: <http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html>.
  [x] No open issues assigned to this release:
      <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY/fixforversion/12315575>.
  [x] Copyright notices are up-to-date.
  [x] CHANGES file is up-to-date, save for the insertion of the release date.
  [x] LICENSE and NOTICE look good to me.
  [x] Portability: builds and tests clean on OS X and CentOS under GCC, and
      on Windows 7 under MSVC.
  [x] Extended tests: The test_valgrind build target passes on OS X.

The only remaining items on our 0.1.0 TODO list relate to our web presence:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/Release-0.1-incubating

The Lucy website needs some more work (including the addition of a "Downloads"
page), our wiki needs gardening, and we must get ready to publish html-ified
versions of the Perl binding documentation as soon as the release is out --
but IMO none of those should block starting release process.

Chris Mattmann, are you still willing and able to take on the role of RM?

Marvin Humphrey