From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] C code formatter
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 05:42:58 GMT
On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 08:27:05PM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> +1 to --brackets=attach with no cuddled elses.
>
> but +10 to not having to think about it at all.

Using git-svn, I'm preparing a series of patches which implement the changes
we get when running the code base through astyle.  Performing the mods in
stages makes it easier to see what's going on than running astyle all at once.

I'll attach those patches to a new JIRA issue along with a recipe for using
git-svn to make the local commits.  Once we have basic stuff out of the way
(e.g. eliminating trailing whitespace), it becomes easier to see just what
each astyle preference does, allowing us to refine our choices.

Marvin Humphrey