From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] Three class name changes
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 23:17:54 GMT
On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 08:42:57AM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> I think the goal is a 0.1.0 release. Don't let the perfect become the
> enemy of the good. If the current class naming for Match/Compiler/Query
> is poor, but functioning, let's kick it down the road in favor of a
> re-design, as Nate suggests.

While in my opinion renaming Compiler would have been a harmless incremental
improvement, with consensus proving elusive it's not important enough for me
to flog it forward.

I think we all agree that we should not block the 0.1.0 release holding out
for a double-rainbow solution to this long-standing problem.

However, I'm willing to invest some time mulling over Nate's last email and
exploring how we might implement his suggestions.  Subtractive contributions
are valuable and rare.

Marvin Humphrey