From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Codebase tightening complete
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:08:16 GMT
Greets,

The build has gotten cleaner and more portable over the last few days.

  * MSVC compatibility restored.
  * The test_valgrind build target passes.
  * No compiler warnings[1] on my Mac with LUCY_DEBUG enabled.
  * No compiler warnings[1] under MSVC.

We'll want to revisit these criteria immediately prior to release, but the
major cleanup efforts are finished, and I've marked this TODO item as done:

  http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/Release-0.1-incubating

  * Tighten up the code base a bit. (Ensure that the "test_valgrind" build
    target passes, fix a couple portability issues, etc.)

Marvin Humphrey

[1] Aside from those generated by unavoidable interaction of Perl and system
    headers.