From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Downstream release guides
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:31:22 GMT
Greets,

In addition to <http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseGuide>, which documents how
to perform the official ASF release, I think we should document how to build
releases for CPAN, PyPI, rubygems, etc.  We could put that into developer
documentation within trunk/$host_language/, or host it somewhere offsite
(since these downstring dists would be unofficial), but it seems to me that
the best place would be a DownstreamReleaseGuide wiki page.

On a side note, I'm a little uneasy about putting so much effort into these
wiki pages when we haven't got them locked down so that only people with CLAs
on file can contribute.  It would be nice to get this material Apache licensed
and IP tracked so that we can include it, in whole or in part, with a
distribution.  Maybe we should revisit MoinMoin ACLs?

Marvin Humphrey