From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Unschedule file format spec JIRA issues
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 23:57:51 GMT
Greets,

There are three issues in Lucy's JIRA which were filed a long time ago, and
which remain on the wishlist/TODO-list, but for which there is no urgency:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-1 File Format Spec
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-3 File Format - VFS
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-4 Compound File Format Spec

Right now, we provide a high-level introduction to the file format:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/trunk/perl/lib/Lucy/Docs/FileFormat.pod

The envisioned spec would be more than that document, and more than Lucene's
file format document: it would be a full-on spec from which conforming
applications could realistically be implemented.

In cleaning up Lucy's JIRA, Chris Mattmann scheduled those issues to be dealt
with by release 0.1-incubating.  If no one objects, I intend to move them back
to unscheduled status (fix version == "unknown").  As an alternative, we might
consider resolving them as wontfix, since I doubt they will get prioritized
any time soon.

Marvin Humphrey