From Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpav...@rot13.org>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] ElasticSearch
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:54:32 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:18:20PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote on 12/6/10 1:16 PM:
> > On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:02:34PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> >> Ran across this today:
> >>
> >> http://www.elasticsearch.com/
> >>
> >> I've just looked at it briefly and wanted others to be aware of the project.
> >
> > For what it's worth, ElasticSearch is built on top of Lucene.  It exists at
> > the same level as Solr, one level up from Lucene and Lucy.
> >

> ah ok. Yes, I saw it was Java-based but hadn't dug deep enough. thanks.

In similar vain, I found Riak search very isteresting:

http://www.basho.com/riaksearch.html

In fast, I love everything about it (including ability to throw xml at
it and get it indexed), but I would love to have something similar in
perl.

Which leads me to practical question: what's current state of schema in
KinoSearch and/or lucy?

I seems to remember API for adding fields on the fly while indexing in
older version of KinoSearch, but I can't find anything similar in
documentation for 0.31.

I would love to index CouchDB _changes feed with (much like
ElasticSearch CouchDB river) but I don't really know schema in advance.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin@rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin