From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject [lucy-dev] Re: [KinoSearch] Highlighter Bug
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:38:42 GMT
(cc to lucy-dev)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 03:17:42PM -0800, Ashley Pond V wrote:
> Just throwing this out there since it's on point though I have NO
> sample/test code. In highlighting I was doing I was seeing results
> like so
>
> bla <strong>bla</strong> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
> bla bla bla bla bla
>
> I strongly, snerk, suspect your fix will also address that.

Yes, that may be the case, if one part of the Highlighter was aware of the
truncation but another part was not.

> Sorry I never got around to reporting it. The empty tags were harmless in
> HTML and I never got time to work up a test, etc. {shame on me}

The current Highlighter implementation is a little difficult to work up unit
tests for -- particularly the Raw_Excerpt() method, where Nick's bug was
hiding.  It could stand to be refactored into smaller, more testable chunks.

If you can provide confirmation at some point that the glitch is gone, that
would be nice.  :)

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey